YAY! We had have the amazing honor of being nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by Edel at the Pacemaker Blog! Thank you so much Edel for this amazing recognition! This award is for bloggers by bloggers so that we may recognize each other for their hard work. As a blogger, we tend to wear many hats and it is a wonderful thing to be reconized and be able to recognize others.
The Versatile Blogger Award is given to those blogs whose quality of writing, the uniqueness of ths subject covered, and the level of love displayed in their words and photographs that can be seen throughout their website. The Award honors those bloggers who bring something special to our life.
I was beyond excited when I saw that I had been nominated for this award by Pacemaker Blog! We all put so much love and heart into our blogs and only hope that it comes through in our words and images. Let me tell you about about Pacemaker Blog!
Edel is the Stay at Home Mom that writes the blog. She is an amazing woman who is constantly wanting to inspire you to go for your goals and dreams. Not only does she wish this for everyone but she wants to help you along the way. She writes about being a mom, homeschooling, and how to go for it. Also, she is constantly reviewing books! She is a woman after my own heart and Pacemaker Blog is one of my favorites to read! (Also, each link for Pacemaker Blog is a link not only to Edel’s blog but to the Facebook and Twitter Accounts!)
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Next, select up to 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick the blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — include a link to their site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
These are blogs that add so much inspiration to my life for so many different reasons. In no particular order, I present to you:
- Lemons and Zest– this blog will keep youhungry with amazing recipes!
- Southern Blessed Chaos– awesome real life blog from another special needs mom
- Pingel Sisters– 2 sisters who blog about travel, books, blogging, and career tips.
- Mama Writes Reviews– just like the title says… this mama writes reviews on a variety of items.
- Three Clementines– this mom blogs about life and always has a fabulously decorated mantel and a little girl with serious facial expressions!
- Sane Momma– a blog around all things self-care and motherhood.
- Sage Brush Farm NV– Mrs. SBF gives you a tour of Northern Nevada as well as recipes, lifestyle and camping.
- Travel + Family– Tara makes me want to travel all the time! She is based in Colorado and travels all over.
- Help Mama Meditate– This is the lady who helps remind me to slow down and breathe!
- The Real Kentucky Mom– Lord, this lady keeps it real (no pun intended) and it is refreshing! Motherhood can get interesting and she keeps it honest!
- Journey to SAHM– another honest motherhood blog with mom hacks!
- Words Like Honey– she’s from Kentucky and raises bees. Just for that she is my hero!
7 Things About Me!
- I am the youngest of 3 girls. Which is a blessing to have to amazing women to look up to but it was not always an easy road.
- I am the Adult Child of an Alcoholic and due to that I rarely drink. My dad died of complications of COPD due to years of smoking and drinking.
- My oldest is actually my stepdaughter but I believe either you are family or you are not. I love her as if she were my own and often get asked if my love for her is different that my love for Scarlett. It is… because they are two different personalities. I love them in different ways as I love each of my friends and family in different ways.
- I love to create. I crochet and sew although not as much as I would like. Being a mom definitely means my life is not my own. My oldest loves when I make her things or when we do crafts or science experiments together. We are getting ready to make Calm Down Bottles for both of us!
- I was married previously and it became a verbally and mentally abusive relationship. This is something I have yet to write about but something is in the works. We were together for 12 years and I received our finalized divorce papers on our 10th wedding anniversary. How is that for Karma
- My right kneecap is tilted and dissinigrating. Most of the time, it doesn’t bother me except it pops a lot. I will eventually have to have surgery but it is not a definite fix due to how my kneecap became tilted. A tendon or ligament is out of place.
- I was dignosed with Bipolar 1 ten years ago this fall. I have always struggled with depression and anxiety. I finally decided it was time to seek help due to the emotional rollercoaster I had been on. I have been under medicated, over medicated, but now am on the right medications. It took four years to find the right psychologist who believes in finding the right medications so that you are on the least amount as possible to be stable. I had a mental breakdown 6 years ago this fall. It was the hardest and scariest time of my life.
Thank you again Pacemaker Blog for the nomination! Make sure to check out the logs above. The each truly add something special to my life. I truly hope that you enjoy reading them as much as I have and do!