It is always amazing to be recognized by your fellow bloggers. This is a small, baby blog… brand new and still trying to figure out how it all works. Right before my month off from blogging, I was nominated not once, but twice for the Liebster Award! I feel so blessed that Twins and Coffee and WifeSAHMLife chose Eye See Scarlett for the Liebster Award. Thank you Jessica and Lynneah so, so much for the amazing recognition!
The Liebster Award is an online blogger award given from bloggers, to bloggers. It only exists online, but has been circling around the blogger network since 2011! You can read more about the Liebster Award here.
When Jessica from WifeSAHMLife messaged me, I was so honored for the recognition. I was in a bit of a rough patch so it was a bright spot in the day. Then, the very next day, when
Lynneah messaged me to tell me that she also nominated me. I cried. I cannot lie, this was a very bright spot during a tough few weeks for me. To be recognized once is amazing but twice in two day… I was speechless.
Even though this is just a blogger to bloggeraward, to know that someone else appreciated what I write is so uplifting. I started this blogging journey to share our story and ended up sharing so much more. Parenting and life can be complicated to say the least.
The Liebster Award
When nominated for the Liebster Award, they ask that you follow the following rules:
What are the rules?
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated.
So, why am I passionate about blogging…
I have always loved writing. Ever since I can remember. It is an outlet that is so important to me. When I started the blog it was to share our journey with Scarlett’s PHPV/PFV. I quickly realized that I needed to include more and it dawned on me that I could share my insights on parenting, mental health, and some food. I am passionate about parenting and sharing my mental health journey. The food… well, everyone has to eat right. Having this outlet to share ideas and connect with others is amazing. Through this creative outlet I have been able to connect with other moms around the world. I have been able to help other moms in ways I never dreamed possible. That is why I am passionate about blogging.
10 Facts About Me…
- I helped raise my nephew, Jacob. He is now in the Navy and trying to figure out this adulting thing.
- I learned to crochet at the age of 12.
- I am never without yarn and a crochet hook.
- I was married previously and after 12 years together it just wasn’t working anymore so we divorced.
- I met my current husband online.
- I have 1 tattoo but want several more. I have all of the ideas for them planned out but am waiting for the money to do it.
- I have suffered from insomnia since I was about 8 years old.
- I have been a crazy cat lady for my entire life.
- I love kids and could have a whole house full.
- Being a bonus mom is the hardest job in the world but I love it… most days.
And the Nominees are…
- Tadpoles and Mud Puddles
- Three Clementines
- Southern Blessed Chaos
- Sagebrush Farm NV
- Raising Boys with Books
- Coins & Babble
- Help Mama Meditate
- Lexington Lettering
- Project Stepmom
- The Bluegrass Mom
If nominated you do not have to participate.
Questions From Twins and Coffee
●Are you a dog or cat person? Why?
I am and have always been a crazy cat lady. Cats are more independent than dogs and are so smart and sassy.
●What is your favorite holiday to decorate for?
●What makes you “old”?
I crochet and love it! And I have FOUR cats and want more!
●What would you say to 15 year old you if you could go back in time?
Go to therapy and get diagnosed with bipolar earlier. Also, all this will pass and life gets better. Spend more time with your dad. He lives longer than you are thinking he will but he won’t be around forever.
●What do you do to get rid of the hiccups?
I take steady breaths until it passes.
●What is the craziest fib your parents told you growing up?
I cannot think of a fib but I may not have disclosed 2 piercings I got at 18 while still living at home. My bellybutton and we dont discuss the other one… I have neither of them now.
●Do you think you could go a WHOLE day saying “yes” to everything?
Lord, no. I have a great understanding that I have to say no in order to make sure that I am taking the best care of myself. My mental health is the most important self care I can do. If I am not at 100% then how can I take care of my family.
●What is the weirdest talent you have?
I can sprain both ankles at once… only happened one time but it does take talent!
●What would your ultimate pizza entail?
Pan crust, light sauce, extra cheese, salami, green pepper, onion, mushroom.
●What is the one thing you said you’d never do as mom, but now laugh at?
Co-sleeping. I swore I would never do it but after 4 weeks of Scarlett only sleeping 1-2 hours at a time… it happened and she slept 4 hours straight. She is in her own crib now but does make an appearance in our bed a few times a week from 5am to 7am.
Questions from WifeSAHMLife
A mom van… because I need more room for big items and I am trying to convince my husband to have 1 more baby. Even if we don’t, I want to be the mom who all the kids love to go out with… including my own girls of course.
Depends on the situation… normal day – not so much… day on the lake or beach – go for it. I grew up with an alcoholic dad so I personally don’t drink often.
A tiger, lion, liger, panther, bobcat… you get the idea.
5 or 6 hours.
No but it’s not that I am against it. I feel that there are so many children here in the US that need good homes that I would rather adopt here first.
Heck yes… in fact extra cheese, extra pineapple and pepperoni is one of my faves!
Nestle Crunch Bars
Special K Vanilla Almond
Volleyball. I played in high school and was okay but always wanted to be a much better player.
Artist. I already love to create things and have had experience painting before it became the cool thing to do (I love paint night places!).
To change the healthcare system to where there is better coverage all around for people who require prosthetics. If I cannot change the healthcare system then to change the types of assistance available to families who have to fight insurance companies.
My 10 Questions for You:
- Would you rather dance to Livin On A Prayer or No Diggity?
- If you could interview one person (alive or dead, fictional or real) who would it be? Why?
- What was your favorite cartoon show as a kid?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why?
- If you could have one superpower what would it be?
- Would you rather eat a live snail, sing in front of millions, or write about the most embarrassing events of your life for the rest of your life online?
- If you didn’t have kids what would you be doing with your life or if you do not have kids, what would you be doing if you did?
- If you went on Shark Tank, what would you pitch?
- What is the one thing you are most proud of that you have done so far in your?
- Where in the world would you love to live and why?
Again, I am so grateful for the opportunity. I had so much fun and cannot wait to continue this blogging journey!